Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfOpinions such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfOpinions account here.

frosty's Content

There have been 314 items by frosty (Search limited from 16-March 05)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#489249 An Ambling Ape Roams at The Open

Posted by frosty on 15 July 2011 - 07:46 AM in General Golf Opinions

The smug and pompous British commentator, Peter Alliss, referred to Ernie Els as an "Ambling Ape" as Ernie  approached the first tee today.  Would ESPN tolerate such a comment about some or our NBA or NFL players?   

#489219 Quarry Ridge at Portland, Ct.

Posted by frosty on 22 June 2011 - 06:22 PM in Where to Play & Course Reviews

geoangus,
I was visiting my son who lives in Ct. and played there after staying a few days at nearby Essex. I have always liked that area very much and will try an autumn trip there as  you mentioned.
Frosty

#489213 Quarry Ridge at Portland, Ct.

Posted by frosty on 22 June 2011 - 05:39 AM in Where to Play & Course Reviews

I played this course yesterday and found it to be great, its condition, layout, rates, staff, and pro-shop were excellent. Has anyone on this forum played it ? 

#489199 U S OPEN

Posted by frosty on 18 June 2011 - 07:09 PM in General Golf Opinions

The talking heads are desperately trying to pump it up, but its a bit boring without a charismatic dominator to either love or hate. ;D

#489186 Funny YouTube Video of Golfers

Posted by frosty on 16 June 2011 - 05:24 AM in General Golf Opinions

#489138 The New Big Break Bunch

Posted by frosty on 30 May 2011 - 07:57 PM in General Golf Opinions

I wouldn't expect much from this program.  IMHO it reduces traditional golf to the level of a mindless survivor show. ::)

#489079 New Taylormade MB/MC tp iron's

Posted by frosty on 14 May 2011 - 03:28 PM in General Golf Opinions

Really........I just found the whole experience to be AWFUL.;D

#489040 Sabbatini needs counseling

Posted by frosty on 08 May 2011 - 03:13 PM in General Golf Opinions

He is frequently snarly >:(..........most likely a Napoleon syndrome ;D

#488972 A Confessed Swing Ho

Posted by frosty on 13 April 2011 - 09:20 PM in General Golf Opinions

Yep, I have paid out hundreds over the years on swing aids and techniques including hinged clubs, lasers beams, tempo timers, video tapes, strapped harnesses, etc.  I have also spent countless hours in clinics and on the range, but have seen little improvement. My short game is O.K. but I still swing like I am killing a snake and have an 18 handicap. I guess my best investment so far was a professional instructor,  yet, I always seem to return to my same bad habits.
So I ask, has anyone found a swing improvement technique or gadget which has really helped them ?

#488862 Woods is Progressing

Posted by frosty on 25 March 2011 - 06:52 AM in General Golf Opinions

Oh Yeah, he is progressing nicely.  +1  has an average drive of 254  yds and even then only hitting  18% of the fairways.

Yep he is on it!   :o

He will never be the Tiger of old.  Sit back and just accept it! :-[

I disagree, isn't he back to club throwing an spitting again ? ;D

#488842 Golf would have been fun this year... (don't look if you don't like stitches)

Posted by frosty on 16 March 2011 - 04:46 PM in General Golf Opinions

Hope you recover soon........my sympathy!!!!

#488827 Woods is Progressing

Posted by frosty on 13 March 2011 - 02:04 PM in General Golf Opinions

He shot 66 today, I heard he is copying Mahan's swing........well, whatever works!!!

#488776 All in the same breath, shame, shame!

Posted by frosty on 20 February 2011 - 08:20 PM in General Golf Opinions

I find it interesting that while watching the Riviera Tournament, a display of our military service men bedecked with U.S.flags, was immediately followed by a  Met Life commercial. As you may know Met Life is no friend of our service people, especially to the benefactors of those who died and were duped into delayed payments while the insurance company wallowed in profits from such unethical activity.    http://www.marine-co...s_of_fallen.htm

Your thoughts on this ????? 

#488755 So what should we say when T. Woods SPITS ON THE GREEN?

Posted by frosty on 15 February 2011 - 02:43 PM in General Golf Opinions

If he spits while he whole world watches, what would he do if no one was watching  ;D

#488693 My new golf hero is...

Posted by frosty on 25 January 2011 - 01:38 AM in General Golf Opinions

"It was 100% effort," Lewis said. "My girlfriend (Debbie Shaw) has been so supportive. She did extra chores around the house that I normally do. By the time I got home some days I'd just eat and go to sleep.

Any more like Debbie out there ?...............nice story !

#488602 Funniest thing I've seen in a while

Posted by frosty on 03 December 2010 - 06:26 PM in General Golf Opinions

Thanks for the post.
That is so funny...played over twice :)
Wow...that geezer did really run fast ;D but no sense of humor at all.

#488422 What no Tiger talk here?

Posted by frosty on 16 October 2010 - 01:24 PM in General Golf Opinions

O.K. I'll bite........
Sleazy athletes are commonplace these days, in fact our much of society has sees them as heroes, unfortunate but true.
Want do drop the game of golf a little lower........promote the likes of the Big Break, Big T*T , and Bad Attitudes Show.

#488350 Is GolfSite app suitable for golf beginner?

Posted by frosty on 08 October 2010 - 07:13 PM in General Golf Opinions

Really ::)

#488332 Why do I hate Poulter so much?

Posted by frosty on 04 October 2010 - 07:28 PM in General Golf Opinions

I don't like him either..........he is pompous rooster who believes that HE brings out the dawn.

#488207 So, if everything goes right for you on a day of golf, what score do you

Posted by frosty on 06 September 2010 - 08:22 PM in General Golf Opinions

Nice score!
Well to answer your question......my score is always high, started too late in life and klutzy as well.
When I shoot in the low to mid 80's I am satisfied.

#488091 I do have something in common with Tiger

Posted by frosty on 23 August 2010 - 04:46 PM in General Golf Opinions

I'll bet you will get off with less than 300+ million  ;)

#487986 Peculuar Surrondings

Posted by frosty on 13 August 2010 - 06:03 PM in General Golf Opinions

During major events on coastal courses such as LaJolla, etc. there are always spectators in boats, beach-walkers and even hang-gliders.  At Whistling Straights I see none such, what kind of place is this ?

#487931 Spectator Hurt, but Ignored !

Posted by frosty on 06 August 2010 - 03:27 PM in General Golf Opinions

Lefty's errant T-shot  hits a fan in his back causing pain with possible injury, yet staff people and crowd gather around to protect the ball position first, instead of assisting hurt fan. Talk about priorities, huh ?  ::)

#487930 MetLife at the Bridgestone Invitational

Posted by frosty on 06 August 2010 - 02:34 PM in General Golf Opinions

Well Said!   ;D

#487924 MetLife at the Bridgestone Invitational

Posted by frosty on 06 August 2010 - 07:28 AM in General Golf Opinions

I could gag everytime I hear words from Metlife.
Would you trust MetLife in view of their dealings with the families of deceased veterans ?