Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfOpinions such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfOpinions account here.

Footjoy REEL-FIT shoes

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 joo

GO Advanced Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:10 AM

Any opinions about the REEL-FIT vs Dryjoy Optiflex. How reliable (durability) is the BOA lacing system. I tried it and it was so easy to use with perfect fit time after time but I wanted to know if any have used these shoes for a long period and how the lacing system hold up - especially vs the Dryjoy Optiflex.

#2 Horace

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationSouth West London / North East Surrey borders

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:46 AM

Joo, FWIW, here are my thoughts on the Reelfits.  I got my pair with some pro shop credit from a couple of minor comps and a bit of a deal.  RRP in the UK is £140, I paid £50.  I don't know if it is the lacing system or the style of the shoe but they never feel as secure as some other shoes (Footjoy Dryjoys, Classics, Aqualites and Eccos).  Not uncomfortable, but just not secure; more like a pair od slippers than a pair of shoes.  My pair is all white so are cleaned after every round, yet already (about 12 rounds in) one of the reels is starting to feel a bit rough, as though there is some dirt or grit in the mechanism, which is not filling me with confidence.  If the lacing system doesn't hold up, then it's either back to Footjoy or into the bin.  At least with laces I'm a fully trained technician  ;D  I can't compare to the Dryjoy Optiflex, but if it was Reelfits vs. Dryjoys PRO, I'd take the Dryjoys PRO every time.  That said, having tried Eccos, I've bought my last pair of Footjoys;  I find the Eccos to be far more comfortable, and having compared the two insoles, you don't need to be the sharpest tool in the box to see why. As for the Reelfits, if I'd paid anything like the full price, I'd feel like I'd been done.  Vastly overrated. JMGO.

#3 Golfalot1320185736

GO Advanced Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

Interesting, I've not bought a pair yet.......but when trying them on I was impressed by the fact that the reel system made them feel much more secure on my feet. Hard to describe because regular shoes certainly don't feel as if they are going to slip off........the Reel fit just seemed as though they molded the entire shoe to my foot. I really liked the feel. I'd be interested to hear more feedback on these.
Dyin' ain't much of livin', boy...
What's your GolfOpinion?
Because EVERY Golfer Has One.

#4 MarkCPA

GO Advanced Members

• GO Marshals
  • PipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationCollierville, Tennessee

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

Anyone else seeing the prices drop on Reel-fit shoes?     I don't think they are selling well here.    I don't personally know a person that owns a pair. 
Titleist 910D2 10.5* - Fuji Motore F3 stiff
Titleist 913F 15* - Diamana S+ stiff
Titleist 913H 19* - Diamana S+ stiff
Titleist AP1 irons, 4-PW - DG XP300 shafts
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 58*
Ping Anser 2 TR 33" putter
Wilson Staff FG Tour golf ball

#5 KennyLee

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  • LocationLone Star State

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

Just bought a pair of ReelFit blems from golfshoesonly.com for $99 with free shipping.  They got here yesterday and while I've yet to have 'em on the course yet, they do feel pretty comfortable.  I had to monkey around with them for a little bit to determine the desired fit and tightness, but once I did they felt great. While I think they are nice comfortable shoes, I obviously can't say whether they will last and I doubt I'd even give them a second look at their retail price of $180 or so....but feel they're a pretty good deal at $99. Incidentally, this is the second pair of FootJoy blems I've bought and I've yet to be able to find whatever the flaws were that put them in that category.

Callaway BB 454 10* NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 17* 4 wood NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 21* 7 wood NV-65
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro 4-EW TT DG-SL S300
Titleist Vokey Raw 52.08
Titleist Vokey Raw 56.12
Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60.06
Ping G2 Tess blade 34"

#6 joo

GO Advanced Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:53 AM

TGC showed Boo Weekley checking in at the MASTERS and he was wearing BLACK REELFIT's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users