Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfOpinions such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfOpinions account here.

I miss GolfOpinions.com

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 roydjt

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

It's been a long time since this community was relevant.  The current ownership obviously doesn't even pay attention to this place, and it seems that the current moderation crew doesn't either.  A couple of accounts have been opened who are clearly spamming the site with links to some shady retail site.  I've reported the threads, and surely some of you have as well, but our cries have fallen on deaf ears. 

Wouldn't it have been nice if Doug would have reached out to the membership when he bought the site, looking for veterans who have experience moderating forums?  I know my post count doesn't reflect it, but if you look up "Roydjt" instead of "roydjt", you will see the user who has been around this place for well over a decade.  Too bad I can't log on to that other account in the new forum software.  That's a conversation for another day, but I'm sure that there are a few of us who would have been willing to step up and maintain the feel and passion of this community.  What a shame. 

-Roy

Nicklaus DPT460 9º, Grafalloy Blue ProLaunch (S)
Nicklaus 35-s #3+ 13.5º, Fujikura SG Pro (S)
Adams GT #4 17º, True Temper GT (S)
Adams A2 hybrid #3 20º, True Temper GT (S)
Maxfli A-10 3-PW, TT Dynamic Gold S-300
Cleveland 588 RTG 53º & 60º
Spalding TP Mills Tour Series # 15 putter
all in an Ogio Grom golf bag.

#2 geoangus

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

Roy,

You're not alone in your despair.  I too looked forward to spending my lunch time on GO and reading through the discussions.  While I've found myself now frequenting another golf forum, I still come here daily to see if anything has changed.  Unfortunately, nothing has . . .
Titleist 910D3 10.5* Aldila RIP 60 Stiff
Titleist 910F 15* Diamana MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
Titleist 910H 19* Diamana MFT ilima Stiff
Titleist 910H 21* Diamana MFT Kai'li 80 Reg
Titleist 712 AP2 5-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome Wedges, 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold S300
Cameron California Fastback
Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 14-Way Stand Bag
Sun Mountain Speedcart

#3 easyyy

GO Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Has as of yesterday. GO is back and being run by forum ninjas. We will make every GO member proud.

#4 rescuemid

Members

• GO Marshals
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

View Posteasyyy, on 07 February 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Has as of yesterday. GO is back and being run by forum ninjas. We will make every GO member proud.
Are they real ninjas or just drugstore ninjas?

#5 Jim Clark

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

I don't know who's running the site now but I plan to post every day until people get sick of me. Started a thred in General Golf (no 19th hole forum) about this year's NFL. C'mon you old GO'ers, get in here and participate.

#6 easyyy

GO Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

You stopped posting every day.

I am going to get the band back together again. I will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users