Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfOpinions such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfOpinions account here.

Dynamic Gold XP shafts

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 MarkCPA

GO Advanced Members

• GO Marshals
  • PipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationCollierville, Tennessee

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'm looking for a higher trajectory in my irons. So, while taking my absolutely mandatory lunch hour break from tax season hell I ran out to the local golf store and hit some irons.   I found one common thing - every iron I hit that had the Dynamic Gold XP shaft in it was laced to the tune of a consisntent 10 yards longer than my current shaft, Dynamic Gold S300.    The simulator showed I was launching the ball much higher, thus getting a better carry with the XP.   I must have hit several Mizuno heads and the Taylor Made Tour Preferred CB as well, all with the XP shaft in them and similar results vs. the S-300.    I know the shaft is lighter, but obviously has a much softer tip.     I really liked the way the shaft loaded and felt.  

This same simulator put me in a set of Project X 6.0 two years ago which turned out to be a $799 mistake that wound up on Ebay faster than a presidential candidate can flip flop on an issue.  

Low ball hitters unite!?!?    What's your experience with the XP?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* - Fuji Motore F3 stiff
Titleist 913F 15* - Diamana S+ stiff
Titleist 913H 19* - Diamana S+ stiff
Titleist AP1 irons, 4-PW - DG XP300 shafts
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 58*
Ping Anser 2 TR 33" putter
Wilson Staff FG Tour golf ball

#2 jdanlaw

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'm a high ball hitter, and have found that the DGXPs have a very high trajectory for me.  I have them in a set of NIKE Pro Combo CBs.  Despite the high trajectory, i really like the feel of the shaft.

#3 geoangus

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

I wish I had the opportunity to try the XP shafts before ordering my AP2's.  I've been playing Ping i10's for 4 years now, with the ZZ-65 shaft, which gave me a fairly high ball flight.  Fitting with the S300's, the launch monitor results showed I was hitting the ball approx 15 yards longer despite the AP2's having weaker lofts than the Pings.  Would that be due to spin creating high launch?

I'm anxious to see how the AP2/S300 play on the course, as the fitting was indoors.  I've never been a low ball hitter, so I'm just hoping I haven't lowered the flight so much that I'll struggle to hold greens.
Titleist 910D3 10.5* Aldila RIP 60 Stiff
Titleist 910F 15* Diamana MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
Titleist 910H 19* Diamana MFT ilima Stiff
Titleist 910H 21* Diamana MFT Kai'li 80 Reg
Titleist 712 AP2 5-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome Wedges, 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold S300
Cameron California Fastback
Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 14-Way Stand Bag
Sun Mountain Speedcart

#4 MarkCPA

GO Advanced Members

• GO Marshals
  • PipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Played my first round with the XP shafts and I'm very encouraged.  This is exactly what I needed.  I'm getting such a better trajectory on the ball.  Picked up a half club in distance thanks to the longer carry.  If you are a low ball hitter, check these shafts out.

#5 trebledes

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

I tried the JPX800 pro's with the XP shaft, the lite one.
I didnt care much for it to be honest, I got a better result from those irons with Nippon 1150gh shafts.

Ping Anser 10.5 deg
Callaway Diablo Tour 15 deg   
TM RBZ 3 Hybrid
Mizuno MP CLK hybrid 23 deg
Mizuno Jpx 825 pro 5-pw
Mizuno Mp-t4 50 deg
Cleveland Cg16 54 deg
Callaway Xtour 60 deg
Odyssey White Ice no 1.

#6 MarkCPA

GO Advanced Members

• GO Marshals
  • PipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

So far, so good for me.   I'm playing very limited golf right now, but what I have played has me encouraged about the shafts.    I'm making some major changes to the bag right now, some of which are surely the sign of the final days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users