Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfOpinions such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfOpinions account here.

Playing music for all to hear during golf events?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 K5thBeatle

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

Seems to be a more popular thing these days where golfers have these portable bluetooth music speakers(or similar devices) that allows them to play music while golfing from the cart. I'm curious what others thoughts are on this regarding having music during tournament type events (not talking about casual play here) like club championships, match play events etc. Recently I played in a club event where I was paired with 3 guys I had never met. One was playing music and I didn't mind (although I didn't particularly care for the music played) but I could kind of tell one guy was a little perturbed although he never verbalized anything.

So I ask, if someone plays music during a club event in your group does it bother you? Do you ask them to turn it off? Is it appropriate for such events? Opinions? (Again I'm not talking about casual play)

#2 KennyLee

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationLone Star State

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

I'll say it doesn't bother me, but I've never really cared about any background noise or chatter.  However I can see how it would be inappropriate during competitive play.  I would never do it just out of respect for others.
Callaway BB 454 10* NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 17* 4 wood NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 21* 7 wood NV-65
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro 4-EW TT DG-SL S300
Titleist Vokey Raw 52.08
Titleist Vokey Raw 56.12
Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60.06
Ping G2 Tess blade 34"

#3 hackattack

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

Bothered me when a cart partner had some rap turned up really loud, "butt shakin' ho" stuff didn't do much for me. Played another time with some guys that played top 40 classic rock not too loud and it didn't bother me at all. Just bought a Puma Soundchuck and I'm going to give it a go, but only on a course where there are few players and I'm usually by myself. Might have a little Red Dirt on there KennyLee. ;-)
hackattack (zengolf)

#4 KennyLee

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationLone Star State

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

Decided to check in tonight.  Been a while!  Nothing wrong with a little Red Dirt hackattack!  I could listen to that in the background the entire round.  Hope you and others are well!  Miss this place.
Callaway BB 454 10* NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 17* 4 wood NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 21* 7 wood NV-65
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro 4-EW TT DG-SL S300
Titleist Vokey Raw 52.08
Titleist Vokey Raw 56.12
Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60.06
Ping G2 Tess blade 34"

#5 bruceg

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,166 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Greetings all!  Glad the site is back!

I prefer a little peace and quiet.  Golf is played on a chunk of land that nature carved out, and man reorganized; but it's still meant to be a peaceful experience where you can get away... just you and your thoughts.

[size=99px]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users