Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfOpinions such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfOpinions account here.

Johnny Miller's farewell

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 KennyLee

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationLone Star State

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

I know nobody frequents GO much anymore, but watching Miller's last telecast in Phoenix made me remember all the discussions regarding his commentary over the years.  I watched the majority of the Saturday telecast and all of the last couple of hours and really enjoyed the tributes from the various folks regarding JM and his career.  There were a lot and they were all heartfelt.

The guy got a lot of criticism here and elsewhere for his straightforward, honest and sometimes even harsh commentary.  Yet we often complain about canned and PC responses or lack of criticism when it's warranted.

Like many others, his retirement has brought back lots of memories and I will miss him in the booth.   Great player, even better commentator, and more importantly a good family man.

Callaway BB 454 10* NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 17* 4 wood NV-65
Callaway BB 2004 21* 7 wood NV-65
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro 4-EW TT DG-SL S300
Titleist Vokey Raw 52.08
Titleist Vokey Raw 56.12
Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60.06
Ping G2 Tess blade 34"

#2 K5thBeatle

GO Advanced Members

• GO Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

View PostKennyLee, on 02 February 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

I know nobody frequents GO much anymore, but watching Miller's last telecast in Phoenix made me remember all the discussions regarding his commentary over the years.  I watched the majority of the Saturday telecast and all of the last couple of hours and really enjoyed the tributes from the various folks regarding JM and his career.  There were a lot and they were all heartfelt.

The guy got a lot of criticism here and elsewhere for his straightforward, honest and sometimes even harsh commentary.  Yet we often complain about canned and PC responses or lack of criticism when it's warranted.

Like many others, his retirement has brought back lots of memories and I will miss him in the booth.   Great player, even better commentator, and more importantly a good family man.

I kind of liked Johnny Miller.  Reminds me too of the hey days of this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users